Condition of participation for Choirs
Deadline 31 march 2022
- Click on the link below to open and fill out the online application form
- Please submit with your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- a short history of the choir, also in English if possible (a maximum of 300 words) electronically
- 2 high resolution pictures of the choir and 1 picture of the conductor
- A recent recording (CD or video) of the choir of at least 10 minutes duration (can be submitted electronically in MP3 format)
- A proposed 12 minute competition programme and copies of the music as long as the choir wishes to enter the qualifying competition including an optional piece by Zoltán Kodály. Competition programmes may be amended and music scores may be submitted until the 31st May 2022.
- The Festival organisers may ask choirs to perform in churches and other venues in the vicinity of Nyíregyháza as part of the Festival. In order to prepare for this, choirs are required to have a 20-minute programme of church music in their repertoire (This may include pieces with piano accompaniment).
- Choirs are also required to have a cheerful, lighter programme for entertainment (5-10 minutes), part of which should represent their country’s folk tradition. (These programmes are intended to be performed at the Folklore Night and the Gala Concert.)
The Arts Committee will select the participating choirs based on the artistic quality demonstrated by the submitted recordings. Choirs will be notified of the Arts Committee’s decision by 17th February 2022.
- It is compulsory for each choir to learn the joint choir pieces assigned by the Arts Committee.
- The choir agrees to the conditions of the festival which allow for recordings and broadcasts in sound and television as well as any other sound or visual recordings (and any copies thereof) to be made in connection with the Festival. By accepting these conditions the choir surrenders all rights resulting from such recordings to the Festival organizers. Choirs are not allowed to charge fees for any of their performances or the use of any recordings made of them during the Festival.
- Choirs will be responsible for their own travel arrangements and pay for all the travel costs to and from the Festival.
- Food and accommodation will be provided starting with dinner on 16th August 2022 and finishing with breakfast on 21st August.
- Participation fees – 250 € per person for all singers, conductors and accompanying adults - must be paid via bank transfer by 31st May 2022 to the following account (The participation fee includes food and accommodation for the whole duration of the Festival and access to all of the Festival programmes.)
2022. július 15. után az esetleges lemondásokat már nem áll módunkban visszafizetni.
Participation feesare due by 31 May 2022 and payable to the bank account below:
IBAN: HU89 1174 4003 1682 2768 0000 0000 Swift Code: OTPVHUHB